Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, May 28, 2012

Chicken Pita Salad Sandwiches

I am sharing with you all today, by far the easiest recipe on my blog. Inspired by Nando's Chicken Pita, this meal was made in less than 15 minutes! Perfect for those week nights when you come home tired and craving a simple yet delicious dinner.


As I am a BIG fan of Nando's I used Nando's Extra Hot Peri Peri sauce for this recipe and I suggest you should do the same for best results. However, if you do not want to use the same sauce, you can easily replace it with many other flavours of Nando's sauces or even a different sauce of you choice.

Similarly, to make these sandwiches, I used whole wheat pita bread which is easily available at most bakeries and patisseries. If you do not like whole wheat pita, you can easily replace it with white pita bread. 



So, the choice is all yours, however you want to make this!


Ingredients:

  • Whole wheat pita bread (2)
  • Boneless / skinless chicken (250 gms - cut in strips)
  • Nando's extra hot peri peri sauce (3 tbsp + 2 tbsp)
  • Ice berg lettuce (1/2 cup - shredded)
  • Cucumber (1/2 cup - cubed)
  • Tomatoes (1/2 cup - cubed)
  • Onions (1/4 cup - julienne)
  • Mayonnaise (2 tbsp)
  • Cheddar Cheese slices (2)
  • Cooking Oil (2 tbsp)


Method:
  1. Add 2 tbsp Nando's Extra Hot Peri Peri Sauce to chicken and mix until all pieces are well coated.
  2. In a pan heat oil and cook chicken pieces until tender and all water dries.
  3. While the chicken is cooking, prepare your veggies.
  4. Cut the pita bread in half. Using a sharp knife, slit one half of the bread to make a pocket. Most pita breads already have a pocket so this should not be a problem.
  5. Place half slice of cheddar cheese in the pocket.
  6. Fill half pocket with veggies.
  7. Place 3-4 pieces of chicken over veggies.
  8. Add Nando's Extra Hot Peri Peri Sauce and mayonnaise (1 tbsp each)
  9. Fill the rest of the pocket wit more veggies.
  10. Once all pockets are prepared, place them in the microwave for 30 - 45 seconds to melt the cheese. Serve hot with garlic fries and more Nando's peri peri sauce.

Note: Sometimes it is difficult to make a pocket in pita bread, in such a situation you can easily sandwich the veggies between two pita breads. Everything else remains the same.

11 comments:

  1. Salad sounds extremely yum with those ingredients.....love the idea of pita bread....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't believe how quick and easy this is! This looks absolutely delicious!
    Also, whenever I go to Nandos, I always get the pita, YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this chicken pita salad sandwich. I made a chicken pita sandwich last week, but mine was not quite so spicy. This one sounds very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of using the whole wheat pita bread.And of course the rest of the ingredients must have made these sandwiches taste awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks wonderful! I have an award for you, please drop by to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks delicious n tempting,glad to follow u...u have grt collections


    visit me,

    http://subhieskitchen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw Trader Joe's selling pita bread and I often thought about buying it. I wasn't sure what's good to put inside but now I got some idea from you. Thank you!! I can't wait to give it a try!

    p.s. By the way I was shocked to see your blog looked different! Pretty The bar code to pretty flowers! I love the new look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nami! Do try.. it's so healthy and easy!
      Thank you for liking the new look but it's temporary.. I am getting my page designed by a professional this time so until that's done and final this is just a makeshift arrangement :)

      Delete
  8. The sandwich looks amazing, can't wait to try 'em myself.

    But why oh why did you change your header, it was the best thing, ever! I really loved the bar code affect, why did you change it with some pink, girly dogwood flowers.

    ReplyDelete

More good eats

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...