Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, March 19, 2012

Crispy Chicken Burgers

If a good burger costs more than 150 bucks and there are rumors about your favorite fast food chain producing burgers that do not decompose and using chicken meat which is man made, when you are concerned about your family's health and don't want your kids to eat junk food all the time prepared by total strangers.. It's time you make your own juicy/crispy burgers at home!
These burgers are healthy, and you know exactly what is going inside. Plus they look as scrumptious as any of these or these without causing a hole in your pocket paying for too many calories and too little nutrients! Just few simple ingredients and you have a quick and delicious meal ready for the kiddos.

The star of this recipe is Nona's Kentucky Hot and Spicy Recipe. I use Nona Seasoned Flour pretty often. A wide range of Nona's products are widely available in all big grocery stores. It makes my life easier, recipes less time consuming, and chicken taste like it's been ordered from a restaurant! 
Apart from that you will need only few simple ingredients:
Ingredients:
  • Boneless/Skinless Chicken thighs (3-4 pieces)
  • Fresh Burger Buns (2)
  • Nona all purpose flour "Kentucky" flavor (1/2 cup)
  • Egg (1)
  • Salt (1/2 tsp)
  • Red chili powder (1/2 tsp)
  • Cheddar Cheese Slices (2)
  • Ketchup (as required)
  • Mayonnaise (as required)
  • Cucumber slices  (as required)
  • Tomato slices  (as required)
  • Salad Leaves  (as required)

Method:
  1. Mix 1/2 cup of Nona Seasoned Flour with 1 egg and refrigerate for 20 minutes
  2. Marinate boneless chicken thighs with salt and red chilli powder for 20 minutes.
  3. Heat oil, dip chicken pieces in egg/flour mixture and deep fry on medium flame for 3-4 minutes until the chicken is tender.
  4. Spread mayonnaise and ketchup on buns.
  5. Place salad leaves and cheddar slices.
  6. Place fried chicken on top of cheese slice and add cucumbers and tomatoes.
  7. Place the upper half of bun on top of cucumbers.
  8. Enjoy!

Note: All views expressed in this blog post are entirely my own and I have not been compensated by Nona in any way.


Update*: I have received many queries through email and on Facebook asking for a substitute of Nona Seasoned flour. So I found  out a way to make this flour at home just for my lovely readers. Here goes the ingredients:
(Makes about 1-1/2 cup mix)

  • All Purpose Flour (1/2 cup)
  • Corn Flour (1/2 cup)
  • Paprika Powder (2 tbsp)
  • Dry Mustard Powder (1 tbsp)
  • MSG (1-1/2 tbsp)
  • Garlic Powder (1 tsp)
  • Oregano Powder (1 tsp)
  • Red Chili Powder (1 tsp)
  • Black Pepper Powder (1 tsp)
  • Baking Powder (1 tsp)
  • Thyme Powder (1/2 tsp)
  • Basil Powder (1/2 tsp)
  • Salt (1/3 tsp)
Method:
  1. Sieve both flours together. Mix all ingredients with flour in a dry/clean bowl.
  2. Make sure all ingredients mentioned as "powder" are dry and well grounded.
  3. Once all the ingredients are mixed, sieve the mixture once again.

9 comments:

  1. Is there a subsitute for Nona Seasoned Flour, as I don't know where I can get it in Dubai.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kauser Noreen: Many people are asking me for the alternate and I am currently searching for it. Kindly give me a little time, I will get back to you shortly.

      Delete
  2. This would make for an incredible dinner tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm.... looks amazing and my favorite. Nice clicks..

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks yummy n perfectly done..nice.vl try this 4 bro dear.....
    Maha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice - I actually never made the chicken burger (deep fried version) before! How come I didn't think of it. I like this kind of batter too - making the burger more tasty! Your burgers are perfect for lunch/dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delicious! What a gorgeous burger.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i made it with this recipe and OMG!!!I WAS SUCCESSFUL.
    I achieved the KFC TASTE.ditto,even though the batter mix that i had was very different.THANK U SO MUCH FOR THIS,before this,i thought NO 1 in the world can achieve the KFC taste!SIMPLY WOWWW!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tried this recipe and i was successful!Thank u so much for this,even though my batter mix was completely different,but i totally achieved the KFC taste!!WOW.Now,home made KFC IS POSSIBLE,I cant believe my taste buds !!!!! =D

    ReplyDelete

More good eats

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...